Working within a growing team of designers, front-end developers and .Net developers, you will have an opportunity to be involved in shaping the user interface for a varied range of projects. Reporting to the project leads and Development Manager, there is huge scope to develop your front-end skills on technically demanding and creatively rewarding projects for clients both small and large.
We are looking for Front-End developers of all levels to join our team.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in contributing to large scale and responsive websites
- Have good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, with a healthy obsession for clean, semantic HTML
- Have experience using CSS pre-processors such as SASS/Less and build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Be able to make autonomous decisions relating to front end processes and test own work effectively
- Have knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices as well as of progressive enhancement and its benefits
- Be willing to contribute to advancing Ridgeway's technical offering - we don't rest on our laurels and constantly assess our approaches to ensure our work is of the highest quality
- Have a keen interest in UX and understanding the impact of usability on interfaces
Desired skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previously worked in an agency environment
- Have experience with GIT version control
- Be confident using the terminal/command line
- Have experience of writing reliable functional tests to verify new features/refactored code
- Have experience with Node
- Have worked on or created a progressive web app
About the role
The role will require the candidate to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months, comprising:
- .Net web application development
- Assisting with scoping, requirements capture, time estimates and other project documentation
- Assisting with functional and technical specification documents
- Testing and support
Working collaboratively with our team of designers, front-end developers and .Net developers, you will have an opportunity to be involved in varied roles within projects. You will also promote front-end developments to the wider team as well as supporting the mentoring culture within the development team. Reporting directly to the Development Manager, there is huge scope to build on your experience with a wide range of technically demanding projects for clients both large and small, and carve a niche for yourself within the agency.
Competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements on application.
Our main Studio is based in Witney, Oxfordshire and we also have a team based in London. We will consider applications for either location for this role, as well as remote working within the UK. Please note that all applicants will need to visit Witney at leaast once throughout the recruitment process and the successful candidate will need to make regular visits to Witney to check in with the team.
We only accept direct applications and request agencies are respectful of this.