Please note: We currently also have a Principle Developer vacancy which is a split leadership/oversight and development role, where the below Senior Developer role is largely development focussed.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have four to five years commercial ASP .Net web application development using C# and SQL Server 2008/2012 with a specific focus on e-commerce and CMS platforms.
- Be a confident technical leader, able to guide the project team and able to deal with issues in a pragmatic manner that reflects the interest of the project.
- Be able to demonstrate functional and technical specifications and/or user story based specifications, which you have written and led.
- Good experience in integration of web applications with other systems e.g. ERP, CRM, PSPs.
- Be organised, self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to lead a team of talented developers to create cutting edge websites.
Desirable skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform.
- Demonstrate experience of using version control systems e.g. Subversion, Git.
- Have previously successfully delivered and contributed to development and project process and strategy.
- Have a good understanding of Windows Server and IIS configuration.
About the role
The role will require the candidate to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months, and will involve working through the entire lifecycle of web application development, including:
- Technical / functional design and .Net / web application development.
- Scoping projects, requirements capture and delivering time estimates.
- Preparing functional and technical specification documents.
- Leading and supporting others within the development team, being able to answer questions and lead the project from a technical perspective.
Working within a small but growing team of designers, front-end developers and .Net developers, you will have an opportunity to be involved in varied roles within projects. Reporting directly to the Development Director, there is huge scope to build on your experience with a wide range of technically demanding projects for clients both large and small, and carve a niche within the agency.
Competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements on application.
This role is available in our Witney studio in Oxfordshire, or London (Oxford Circus), or on a split office-based and remote working basis from either location. Read further details about our offices and remote working.
Please note that all shortlisted applicants will need to visit Witney at least once during the recruitment process and the successful candidate will need to make regular visits to Witney.
We only accept direct applications and request agencies are respectful of this.