The Solutions Architect is one half of a strong partnership with a Project Manager. In this role you will split your time between technical leadership and oversight, technical pre-sales support and small development tasks. The expected technical skillset is that of a senior-level developer (at least four years’ experience at this level), though typically a Solutions Architect will focus primarily on smaller development tasks to be able to better support the project team and Project Manager.
Please note: We currently also have a Senior Developer vacancy which is focussed fully on development itself, rather than the split leadership/oversight and development of the below Solutions Architect role.
About the role
The role reports to the Development Manager and involves a range of skills and activities across the project lifecycle, including:
- Partner with a Project Manager to lead and mentor a team of developers within a Ridgeway Project Team
- Interpreting project requirements and providing technically robust solutions in-line with Ridgeway’s project delivery approach
- Functioning as a cross-project consultant, providing advice and making autonomous decisions regarding technical approach
- An active participant in client workshops, specification writing, detailed effort estimation and collaboration with key teams to define the solution architecture
- Technical pre-sales and consultancy
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previously worked in a Solution / Technical Architect or Senior Developer role within an agency environment, for at least four years
- Have extensive commercial experience of developing mobile-optimised ASP .Net CMS and ecommerce websites
- Have demonstrable experience of technically leading such projects successfully to conclusion, on time/budget, to specification
- Have previously defined and written detailed functional and technical specifications for medium and large-scale solutions (£200k+)
- Have experience providing detailed task breakdowns and accurate estimation for the technical areas of website delivery
- Be organised, self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to lead a team of talented developers to create cutting edge websites
- Have excellent communication, consulting and client-facing skills, interfacing with both technical and non-technically focused clients
Desirable skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform or another enterprise CMS such as Sitecore or EPiServer.
- Experience scoping and integrating with 3rd party platforms, e.g. ERP, CRM, PSPs
- Demonstrate experience of using version control systems e.g. Subversion, Git
- Have a good awareness of UI Responsive development approaches, and a good understanding of various internet standards
- Have a good high-level understanding of Windows Server and hosting environment aspects such as security, caching and CDN’s
This role is available in our Witney studio in Oxfordshire.
We only accept direct applications and request agencies are respectful of this.